Challenging times have brought change and delay for CheeseExpo, but Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association would like to keep one tradition alive in 2020. On April 24, we’ll recognize the great effort, the mastery of cheesemakers – Gold Medal winners in the 2020 World Championship Cheese Contest – with the Auction of Champion Cheeses.
Join WCMA virtually at 2:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, April 24 to witness a live, online auction of the champion cheeses executed by auctioneers Tim Slack and Dave Koning.
The site will open for pre-bidding on Wednesday, April 22 at 1:00 p.m. CDT.
Auction Bidder Information:
- Bidders need to register online before the auction at timslackauctionrealty.hibid.com/auctions.
- Online pre-bidding will open Wednesday, April 22 at 1:00 p.m. CDT.
- The live, online auction begins Friday, April 24 at 2:00 p.m. CDT. Pre-bids will serve as opening bids for the live auction.
- All bids will be made through the online auction site.
- All bids are made on a per-pound basis.
- Buyers may make payments by credit card directly through the auction site or be invoiced.
- Items may be picked up in Monroe, WI or shipped to buyers. WCMA will contact winning bidders to coordinate details.
The Auction of Champion Cheeses provides crucial support to the World Championship Cheese Contest, funds our scholarship-winning students, and has built our menu of supervisor and manager training programs at WCMA. It’s always been a chance for supplier partners and processors to thank and support the cheese companies that make this industry famous.
A live, online auction on Friday, April 24 will be a first – and we’ll supplement the auctioneer’s live action with WCMA staff offering Facebook Live color commentary and thanks in real-time during the auction. It’s a bit of Cheese Expo, a bit of normalcy, in challenging times. We hope you’ll join us and consider bidding on the World’s finest cheese.
Contact WCMA’s Kirsten Strohmenger with any questions.